PDF accessibility training
Creating accessible PDFs from InDesign
Completing the course will provide you with all the know-how to produce the most accessible source documents possible.
No prior knowledge of accessibility issues is required in order to complete this course. However, delegates will need to have a good working knowledge of InDesign, prior to attending the course.
When and where
We offer both on-site and scheduled open training days. Please contact us on +44 (0)1932 355 222 for details, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accessibility overview and relevant standards
- Understanding InDesign version differences
- Applying structure with headings, lists, hyperlinks…
- Images, alt text, and handling charts effectively
- Designing tables for accessibility and usability
- Colour contrast and colour blindness
- Creating accessible backgrounds
- Dealing with transparencies
- Text formatting and font encoding issues and techniques
- Dealing with mathematical expressions (optional)
- Setting reading order (Articles panel and stacking order)
- Bookmarks and tables of contents, issues and techniques
- Understanding the limitations of InDesign’s interactivity features
- Document management
David Barrett, BT Senior Inclusion and Accessibility Manager
"Anybody wishing to know more about accessible PDFs should look no further than PWS. I have no hesitation in recommending Ted and his company to anyone who needs help, advice or training in the area of accessible PDFs."
Pete Modral, Equality and Human Rights Commission
"Ted delivered fantastic training that was engaging, knowledgeable and easy to follow."
Chris Winter, The Open University
"The training was motivating, inspiring, interesting and informative. It very clearly highlighted the untapped power within our documents and provided us with the in-depth knowledge to produce fully accessible documents at no greater time and cost to the production process. Ted's proven knowledge was delivered in a comfortable manner, with easy explanations helping to engage delegates fully with the subject matter."
Carol Jamieson, Sense
"Ted delivered Creating Accessible Documents training to staff from a variety of backgrounds and departments in Sense and all found it a really interesting session, which stimulated lots of discussion and made everyone feel more confident about generating documents that will meet the needs of the people we support. We would thoroughly recommend the training to others."
Giuseppina Valenza, Tandridge District Council
"After a day's training with Ted, we now have in-house expertise in creating accessible PDFs. This has meant we can make sure our website documents are fully accessible. We also appreciate Ted's on-going advice, which he is always happy to give. The course was also excellent value for money, which is essential for a small district council like ours.
Lisa McGann, AECOM
"Ted was happy to tailor the training course to our needs. He is a patient trainer and provides comprehensive course notes for reference."